As working from home becomes the new norm for many and connecting with customers requires safe practices that often means reaching out virtually, Microsoft has announced a series of Teams certified devices that will make these connections easier for users. Through the Microsoft Device Certification Program, third party devices are verified as having the ability to provide a compatible and high-quality experience when used with Microsoft Teams.
Certification requires elements such as superior audio and integrated call control, but additionally many of these newly certified devices will provide a Teams button which offers the power to bring Teams to the forefront of your screen, quickly join a meeting that has started or check your missed calls and voicemails. Most of the headsets also offer a premium microphone optimized for use in a noisy environment.
- EPOS wired IMPACT headsets, previously certified for Skype for Business, now offer a firmware upgrade that allows the call answer button and LED to act like a Teams button. Users can now receive alerts and engage with Teams by pressing the button to quickly join meetings or check missed calls.
- Jabra introduces Evolve2 professional headsets with a dedicated Microsoft Teams button that alerts users of notifications and allows them to take quick actions. The certification for premium microphone for open office allows for clarity in a loud and busy location.
- Logitech’s Zone Wireless and Zone Wired headsets allow users to launch or join a Teams meeting with a single touch and deliver premium audio and reliable call clarity meeting Microsoft’s premium microphone for open office requirement.
- Poly’s selection of headsets including corded and Bluetooth wireless, are now available with a dedicated Teams button with some of the models meeting Microsoft’s premium microphone for open office requirement. Customers can expect a firmware upgrade for some existing Skype for Business certified devices that will enable Teams integration using the hook switch.
Lenovo Teams phone
Lenovo’s ThinkSmart View offers an eight-inch HD display and is designed to consolidate the meeting and calling experience. ThinkSmart View provides one-touch join, supports portrait or landscape layout, and assures privacy with a camera shutter and a microphone mute switch.
Teams rooms and room accessories
Additionally, Microsoft announced the following are all Teams certified conference room systems and accessories:
- Yealink’s MVC900 Room System is designed for extra-large meeting rooms and training spaces and includes a touch control console, content sharing unit, audio and video peripherals, and mini-PC.
- Bose and Sennheiser’sBose ES1 Ceiling Audio Solution combines the Bose EdgeMax in-ceiling loudspeaker, Sennheiser TeamConnect Ceiling 2 microphone along with a Bose amplifier and DSP for superior meeting quality with less conference table clutter.
- Logitech’s Room Solution powered by Lenovo ThinkSmart Edition Tiny is available in small, medium, and large configurations and include a Logitech conferencecam with Logitech’s proprietary RightSense technologies, a PC mount with cable retention, and the Logitech Tap touch controller.
- Poly’s Trio C60, the newest of the Trio conference phone family ensures premium audio quality without the distracting background noise.
- Shure’s Microflex Advance MXA910 ceiling array microphone offers freedom with no mics or cables. Deliver natural voice quality with the Microflex Advance MXA910 ceiling array microphone and the IntelliMix® P300 audio conferencing processor.
- Shure’s Microflex Advance MXA310 provides versatile coverage areas with an unobtrusive design. Enhance conference audio with the MXA310 table array microphone and IntelliMix® P300 audio conferencing processor offering sound capture and automatic mixing.