Leyard and Planar recently announced their new Planar LookThru Transparent OLED Display, which was featured at Infocomm 2019 in Orlando. The unit leverages the latest in transparent organic light-emitting diode (OLED) technology to provide a self-emitting transparent display for true see-through installations without the need for backlighting or enclosures.
The new Planar LookThru display builds on the frameless glass design of the original version, enabling customers to overlay digital content and imagery over actual objects to create unique, eye-catching installations. Suitable both as a standalone product and for tiled installations, the 55-inch display is ideal for a wide range of applications including retail merchandising, corporate displays, museum exhibits, award and trophy cases, and tradeshow exhibits.
The next-generation Planar LookThru allows users to showcase a single object behind a single 55-inch display or larger objects behind a tiled video wall. It offers the following benefits:
- 120-percent NTCS, which exceeds the standards set by the National Television System Committee.
- Wide viewing angles with no off-axis contrast and brightness.
- Full HD resolution
- 4K@60Hz DisplayPort and HDMI connectivity that includes HDCP 2.2 content protection compliance.
- ERO-OLED (Extended Ruggedness and Optics) technology that uses a proprietary process to bond protective glass to the front surface of an OLED display resulting in durability and improved perceived contrast.
- Can be configured in both portrait and landscape orientations. The display can be mounted on tables and ceilings and built into custom fixtures. It can also be tiled to create large video walls using DisplayPort video loop through.
- Optional accessories can be purchased including a base plate for ceiling mounting, tiling components to protect display edges and a platform cover to create a staging surface for items placed behind the display.
Planar LookThru will begin shipping in Summer 2019 and is available through Leyard and Planar’s global network of authorized resellers.