Bose Professional introduced their EdgeMax Loudspeakers with proprietary PhaseGuide technology earlier this year and recently began shipping. The EdgeMax speakers combine superior coverage patterns typical of surface mount loudspeakers with the unobtrusive aesthetics of in-ceiling designs.
Designed for mounting near wall-ceiling boundaries, EdgeMax loudspeakers provide increased acoustic loading for low frequency and a superior coverage pattern throughout the room due to their PhaseGuide technology, which features a 75-degree asymmetrical dispersion pattern optimized for ceiling heights between eight feet and 20 feet. This technology eliminates the need for center-of-ceiling or wall-mounted loudspeakers and reduces the amount of in-ceiling speakers typically needed to provide sufficient sound coverage to a room. Their unique design and consistent coverage pattern enable installers to move efficiently through the installation, creating a great-looking and great-sounding end result. Additionally, EdgeMax loudspeakers produce excellent intelligibility for speech and full-frequency response for music, making it ideal for retail, commercial, industrial, institutional and residential applications.
Two different models of the EdgeMax speakers are available. The EM90 offers 90-degree horizontal coverage pattern for corner mounting and the EM180 provides a 180-degree coverage pattern for mounting in the center of a wall.
Additional features of the EdgeMax speakers include:
- 3-inch diaphragm compression driver for best-in-class audio quality with superior frequency response and coverage consistency versus typical dome tweeters
- Eight-inch woofer with wall-boundary loading, which provides extended bass impact
- Two-way passive crossover with 8-ohm or 70V/100V transformer taps
- New mounting-clamp system for fast, easy installs
- Magnetically attached grill for quick access to wiring and tap settings
- UL1480 listing for air-handling (plenum) space installation