Field Engineer, MA
Field Engineer manages, maintains and is responsible for all service and commissioning of customers’ audio video equipment and fully integrated conference rooms include auditoriums and board rooms. Must be able to interface direct with the customer on a daily basis and responsibilities include maintaining daily functionality of all AV and integrated systems.
• Perform system commissioning and closeout protocol on a daily basis.
• Responsible for identifying defective or failed equipment and resolution.
• Work with client support departments and company account representatives to provide clients with resolution options.
• Interface with manufacturers, developers, engineers, and project managers to provide resolutions for highly complex systems
• Perform remote troubleshooting
• Provide punch lists and documentation on daily basis.
• Perform routine maintenance and problem diagnosis for projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers, LCD/Plasma Displays.
• Troubleshoot and install Audio and Videoconferencing systems.
• Make modifications in the field to Crestron/Extron control systems
• Ability to read and utilize blue prints and audio/video flow diagrams
• Perform network troubleshooting to diagnose static and dynamic IPs
• Utilize audio mixer software to calibrate and eliminate echo and feedback
• Ability to use test equipment to troubleshoot system problems
• Gather and analyze system logs and system settings for codecs, control systems, mixers, and complex broadcast equipment as needed
• Ability to think and work independently & meet necessary deadlines.
• Direct experience with control system (Crestron, Extron) and DSP (Biamp, BSS)
• Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues.
• Attention to detail.
• Problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
• Creative thinker.
• PC proficient - must already know your way around a computer.
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License and be a safe driver.
• Good oral and written communications.
• Strong desire to learn and be trained.
• Adhere to and understand OSHA standards for all phases of the job.
• Candidate must complete all training requirements for this position within the current allowable established timeframe.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Associated Technical trade school Diploma or College Diploma (Preferred)
• Minimum of one year industry experience (Preferred)
• Crestron –(All minor certifications, DMC-E) - Preferred
• Extron- (All minor certifications) - Preferred
• DSP-(Biamp, Clear One, Polycom Certifications) Preferred
• CTS Certification Preferred
WORK WEEK AND HOURS:
40 hours - Mon – Fri, Be flexible to work after hours and weekends when required.
After-hours and weekends will be on an overtime basis.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.