Infocomm International oversees the AV Industry Outlook and Trends Analysis (IOTA) for the Americas, conducted by London-based IHS Markit. This extensive report examines the market outlook for the AV industry in the Americas, including government implications, consumer needs, and how the welfare of various industries affects the pro-AV industry. Data is collected from interviews with industry companies and data collection and compilation from ongoing research conducted by IHS Markit for Central America and the Caribbean, North American and South America. Here are some highlights from the 2017 IOTA for the Americas:
- In 2016, the pro-AV industry in the Americas generated $65 billion. This number is anticipated to grow to $83 billion by 2022.
- The U.S. dominates the world market and was worth nearly $53 million in 2016. Growth is expected to grow 4 percent annually, on average, through 2022.
- Streaming media, storage, and distribution (SMSD) platforms now account for more than 26 percent of the pro-AV market in the Americas, generating $17 billion in 2016.
- Sales for command and control, conferencing and collaboration, digital signage, live events, security and surveillance, and simulation and visualization will increase from $33 billion in 2017 to $41 billion by the end of 2022.
- AV installation and integration is the market’s second-largest category.
It generated $8.3 billion in 2016, and will grow by over 4 percent year-on-year through 2022, to over $10 billion.
For more information, you can access an executive summary of the report here.